NeoGraft™ - The Most Innovative and Cutting Edge Technique Available
We at Leonard Hair Transplant Associates have strived for nearly 25 years in specializing in hair restoration surgery, to be innovators and providers of the latest technological opportunities for our patients. This, coupled with compassionate, expert, and service-oriented patient care has thrust us into a leadership position in this unique field of cosmetic surgery.The newest advancement in hair transplantation is NeoGraft. This technology has revolutionized the FUE technique by automating the process to provide our patients with a more efficient, less traumatic harvest of their follicular units. There are several differences between the NeoGraft method of hair transplantation compared to the traditional strip harvest technique.
With NeoGraft, individual follicular units are encircled by a tiny surgical punch attached to the device. When suction is applied by the NeoGraft machine, the grafts are then automatically extracted directly from the donor area and are collected in a receptacle. The grafts are not at all manipulated by forceps during this procedure.
These follicular units are then carefully separated by size; they then are ready for transplantation into the bald or thinning areas of concern.
During the NeoGraft extraction, our patients are comfortably listening to music or talking with me and my professional staff. They are able to sit or stand up, eat and drink, and use the restroom during the process.
During the graft planting portion of the transplant, they can enjoy music or watch a movie. At the completion of the procedure, their hair is washed and they are discharged to home.
Patient benefits of the NeoGraft technique include:
- Decreased operating time vs. manual follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure
- Shorter post operative healing and recovery time than the "Strip" method
- No scalpel, suture, or staples
- No surgical removal of a strip of scalp
- Less painful procedure than "Strip" method
- No linear scars so hair can be worn very short
- Fewer complications than "Strip" method
- Optimal procedure for tight scalps
- Minimal risk of pain from damaged nerves
- Minimal risk of bleeding
- Minimal risk of damage to occipital or temporal blood vessels
- Increase in yield of hair grafts transplanted compared to manual FUE
- Best procedure to have performed when short hair style is desired
- Best procedure when donor site is limited for single procedure
Donor Area One Week After NeoGraft