Chief Surgeon and Founder of Leonard Hair Transplant Associates to Educate Novice Surgeons on the Latest Techniques and Ethical Approaches
CRANSTON, Rhode Island – Dr. Robert Leonard, founder and chief surgeon of Leonard Hair Transplant Associates at 922 Reservoir Avenue in Cranston, will be performing a live surgery at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery’s (ISHRS)18th Annual Scientific Meeting held October 20-24, 2010 at the Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center in Boston.
During the Live Surgery Workshop, Dr. Leonard will teach novice surgeons about the various surgical techniques and ethical approaches to treating patients with hair loss. He will perform a live, traditional hair transplant procedure on a man with male pattern baldness.
“I’m thrilled to welcome my friends and colleagues from all over the world to my hometown,” said Dr. Leonard. “It will be great to not only show them the sites, but also to discuss NeoGraft, a new state-of the-art automated surgical hair transplant procedure that, unlike with traditional transplant methods, requires no scalpels, sutures, or staples and leaves no linear scars on the back of the head. We pride ourselves on providing our patients with the highest levels of service and quality of care. NeoGraft allows us to offer them superlative results with minimal invasiveness.”
Dr. Leonard has more than 24 years of experience in cosmetic surgery, serving as New England’s foremost authority on hair restoration. He is the Hair Loss Expert for Johnson & Johnson, makers of ROGAINE®, and is medically educated, trained and licensed to perform hair restoration procedures for men and women.
Hair will be the focus of the ISHRS’s 18th Annual Scientific Meeting when more than 500 physicians and surgical assistants from around the world dedicated to advancing the art and science of hair restoration are expected to attend this premier educational event.
This year’s scientific program, with the theme “Revolution & Evolution: Update on Research for Future Hair Loss Therapies,” will feature presentations by the world’s foremost hair restoration experts on the latest research and scientific advances in diagnosing and treating hair loss.
A sampling of the hot topics to be presented at the ISHRS Annual Meeting includes:
• Understanding the basic science of how hair grows, why it takes on its specific characteristics, and the genetics behind the graying process. Featured Speaker: Dr. Bruno Bernard, head of hair biology research group, L’Oréal Advanced Research.
• The latest research on growth factors as future resources for new hair growth.
• Combating hair loss in women and designing the perfect feminine hairline.
• New results of an FDA-approved agent for wound healing in hair restoration surgery.
• Cloning technique to duplicate hair follicles and subsequent hair regrowth at donor and recipient sites.
• The latest research in bioengineering quality hair by producing multiple hairs from stem cells for the balding patient. Featured Speaker: Dr. Kurt Stenn, chief scientific officer and vice president of research at Aderans Research Institute, Inc., a biotechnology company dedicated to the development of cell-based products for new hair follicle formation.
• Senescent alopecia. Featured Speaker: Dr. David Whiting, clinical professor of dermatology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and medical director of The Hair and Skin Research and Treatment Center, Baylor University.
About the ISHRS
Founded in 1993, the ISHRS is a non-profit medical association dedicated to the advancement of the art and science of hair restoration. With a membership of over 800 physicians worldwide, the ISHRS provides continuing medical education to physicians specializing in hair loss and restoration surgery and serves as a resource for the public on the latest medical and surgical hair restoration treatments for hair loss. For more information and to locate a physician, visit www.ishrs.org.
About Leonard Hair Transplant Associates
Leonard Hair Transplant Associates offers the latest technology in hair restoration surgery and medical treatments, customized to meet individual patient hair restoration needs, including Hair Transplantation Surgery, NeoGraftTM Automated Follicular Unit Extraction Hair Transplantation, Low-Level Laser Therapy, PROPECIA® and ROGAINE® FOAM. With offices in Cranston, Rhode Island; Boston, Worcester, Hyannis, Braintree, and Newton Centre, Massachusetts; and Nashua, New Hampshire, Leonard Hair Transplant Associates is dedicated to maintaining an honest, realistic medical evaluation of each individual’s hair loss problem.