PRP with ACell for Seasonal Hair Loss
After yesterday’s storm in New England that brought more than two feet of snow to several towns in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine it’s hard to believe that Spring is right around the corner. Every year around this time our phones start to ring off the hook with patients seeing an excessive amount of hair shedding. Spring hair loss shedding, also known as seasonal hair loss or telogen effluvium, is a common phenomenon that occurs in many people during the spring season. This shedding can happen due to a variety of reasons, including changes in weather, hormonal fluctuations, nutritional deficiencies, stress, and certain medications.
During the winter season, hair follicles enter a resting phase called the telogen phase. When spring arrives, the hair follicles naturally shift into the anagen or growth phase, causing the old hair strands to shed and new hair to grow. This process is called shedding or hair loss, and it typically lasts for a few weeks to a few months.
It’s important to note that while some hair loss is normal, excessive hair shedding can be a cause for concern. If you are experiencing significant hair loss, it’s important to consult with our office to see which treatments are right for you.
One of our treatments that has been used to help with seasonal hair loss is Platelet Rich Plasma with ACell, otherwise known as PRP. PRP with ACell is a type of treatment that has been used to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. The treatment involves taking a sample of the patient’s blood, processing it to concentrate the platelets, and injecting the platelet-rich plasma back into the scalp.
Here are some potential benefits of PRP with ACell therapy for seasonal hair loss:
- Stimulates hair growth: PRP contains growth factors that can stimulate the hair follicles to promote new hair growth and improve hair density.
- Safe and natural: PRP therapy uses the patient’s own blood, so there is no risk of allergic reactions or other adverse side effects.
- Non-invasive: PRP therapy is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require surgery or general anesthesia.
- Improves hair thickness: PRP therapy can improve the thickness and quality of existing hair, making it look fuller and healthier.
- Quick recovery: PRP therapy is a relatively quick procedure, and patients can typically return to their normal activities immediately following treatment.
- Long-lasting results: PRP therapy can provide long-lasting results, with patients experiencing continued hair growth and improved hair density for up to six months after treatment.
Patients should discuss the risks and benefits of PRP with our experienced team and carefully consider whether this treatment is right for their particular condition. To determine if PRP with ACell is a suitable treatment option for you please call our office at 617-965-7400 or contact us here.