Your August e-newsletter from Dr. Leonard
Leonard Hair Transplant Associates is celebrating National Hair Loss Awareness Month with special discounted services throughout the month of August. In addition, patients, who book their consultation with Leonard Hair Transplant Associates before August 31, will receive full-sized, complimentary hair care products courtesy of my exclusive line of men’s and women’s shampoo and conditioners, designed by me for total hair health.
In recognition of National Hair Loss Awareness Month, I am also setting the record straight on the top five myths for men and women’s hair loss:
1. Myth: Wearing a baseball cap or hats will cause thinning hair and loss of hair.
Dr. Leonard’s truth serum: Hats off to this myth! No matter what your mother has told you, wearing a hat does not cause hair to thin or fall out.
2. Myth: Exposure to chlorine in swimming pools will cause hair loss.
Dr. Leonard’s truth serum: Another dive in the truth department…chlorinated water can affect the hair shafts by drying them out and making them more brittle, but does not cause hair to thin or fall out. Also, watch out for bleached hair—it has been known to turn green with exposure to chlorine!
3. Myth: Applying sunscreen to the scalp will cause hair to thin and fall out.
Dr. Leonard’s truth serum: No! If you have thinning hair, it is very important to use sunscreen on your scalp to prevent burn and worse. In fact, one of the first hints that a person is losing his or her hair is, indeed, sunburn.
4. Myth: Swimming in saltwater will cause hair to dry out and fall out.
Dr. Leonard’s truth serum: Keep surfing! No, any saltwater activity, including swimming, does not affect your hair loss. Genetics is the root cause (sorry) of 98 percent of hair loss.
5. Myth: Overexposure to sun and heat will cause hair to become brittle and fall out.
Dr. Leonard’s truth serum: No again. The main concern with overexposure to the sun is sunburn of the scalp-and it hurts a lot! Growing more hair, either with medical treatments or with modern hair transplantation, are great options to consider if your hair is thin enough to get burned.
If you or someone you know is suffering from hair loss, please contact me to schedule a free, confidential consultation to explore the many hair restoration options available. Call 1-800-543-0660 or visit www.hairdr.com.
Dr. Robert Leonard
Founder and Chief Surgeon
What’s New at LHTA
- Live from New England..It’s Dr. Leonard on Video! Click here to watch video clips of Dr. Leonard and his patients discussing hair loss treatments.
- Healthy, younger-looking skin can now be a matter of choice, your choice! Click here to view Dr. Leonard’s new cosmetic website.
- Follow Leonard Hair Transplant Associates on Facebook